Rules & Regulations
The “NETGEAR 2007 CES Blogger-in-Residence” Contest
- Promotion. NETGEAR, Inc. ("NETGEAR") wants to give the opportunity for one lucky blogger to be NETGEAR’s blogger-in-residence for the 2007 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada January 7th 2007 to January 12th 2007.
- Eligibility and Restrictions. In order to be eligible, participants must be 21 years of age or older, a legal resident of the continental United States, including Washington, D.C. and Alaska but excluding residents of Hawaii and Puerto Rico, and have actively maintained an online blog for at least six months prior to submitting an entry. An entry must be truthfully and completely filled out and submitted during the contest period, and is subject to qualification by NETGEAR in its sole discretion before being eligible for selection. A participant may submit multiple entries but each entry must be related to a different blog in order for that entry to qualify for the contest. No PO Box addresses will be accepted. NETGEAR employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
- Selection. NETGEAR will select, in its sole discretion and based on any criteria it deems appropriate, one winning blogger (the “Winner”) from all of the entries received. The decision of NETGEAR shall be final and binding.
- Winner’s Obligations. In order to receive the prize listed in Section 5, the Winner must produce up to three daily postings about NETGEAR at the 2007 CES and about CES in general. The postings must be created by certain set times each day, which times will be communicated in advance to Winner by NETGEAR. The content of such postings will be subject to review by and final approval of NETGEAR prior to posting. Winner must sign a non-disclosure agreement and agree not to perform similar services for any other third party during the duration of CES. The content of such postings will become the legal property of NETGEAR. Winner must agree to execute a release releasing NETGEAR from future liability in exchange for the receipt of the prize described below and also to allow the use of video and other photographs of the person taken during the show as part of the blog.
- Prize. The Winner will receive the following prize if and only if he or she completes the required obligations listed in Section 4 above: NETGEAR will provide Winner (i) paid accommodation (basic hotel room charge) for the nights of January 7, 2007 through January 11, 2007 at a hotel of NETGEAR’s choice in Las Vegas, Nevada; (ii) two NETGEAR shirts for CES; and (iii) an invitation to a NETGEAR company dinner on January 10, 2007. NETGEAR will also reimburse Winner for (i) one (1) round-trip economy class plane ticket from any of the US continental states to Las Vegas, Nevada, and (ii) daily per diem and miscellaneous expense allowance of up to US$50, in each case incurred solely for the Winner’s own use and for the fulfillment of the Winner’s obligations; provided that in no event will the total aggregate amount of eligible reimbursement exceed US$550, (iv) US$2000 as reward money only on completion of the project. The Winner will be responsible for planning his or her own travel and meals and must submit an expense report and all related receipts in order to be eligible to receive reimbursement. Any expense not specifically stated as being included in the prize is the sole responsibility of the Winner. NETGEAR reserves the right to substitute the prize with a similar prize of equal or greater value or with the equivalent cash value. The winner may not transfer or substitute the prize. Federal, state and local taxes, charges and incidental costs, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- Use of Entries. All entries become the property of NETGEAR and may be featured in future NETGEAR advertising and promotions. By entering this promotion, entrants agree that NETGEAR may use and publish their name and entry in all media and types of advertising and promotion of NETGEAR products and services, and may contact each entrant directly with marketing or other information. Entrants further agree that their submitted statements are expressions of their personal belief and opinion.
- No Purchase Necessary. No purchase or payment of any money is necessary to enter. A purchase will not improve the chances of winning. To enter the promotion, you must meet the eligibility requirements and complete an entry.
- Contest Period. This promotion begins on November 27th, 2006 and will close midnight Pacific Time on December 15th, 2006.
- Notification. NETGEAR will notify the winner by e-mail, telephone and/or U.S. Mail at the address provided on the entry form no later than seven (7) days following the selection of the winner. NETGEAR is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification due to inactive email accounts, technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account. The winner must then respond to NETGEAR within three (3) days. Should the winner fail to respond to NETGEAR, NETGEAR reserves the right to disqualify that Winner and select a new winner. Individuals may request the name of the winner by submitting a self-addressed stamped envelope to NETGEAR 2007 CES Blogger-in-Resident Contest, NETGEAR, Inc., 4500 Great American Parkway, Santa Clara, California, 95054.
- Conditions of Participation. By submitting an entry for this promotion, you agree to abide by these rules and any decision NETGEAR makes regarding this promotion. NETGEAR reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in NETGEAR’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with the site, the entry process, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- Disclaimer and Limit of Liability. NETGEAR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NETGEAR SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, OR INJURY THAT ARISES FROM OR RELATES TO PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, OR WINNING OR USE OF A PRIZE. NETGEAR RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO SUSPEND OR CANCEL THE PROMOTION OR ALTER THE RULES, IF AT ANY TIME A COMPUTER VIRUS, TECHNICAL PROBLEM, OR OTHER UNFORESEEABLE EVENT ALTERS OR CORRUPTS THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION AS PLANNED. IN NO EVENT SHALL NETGEAR’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE CASH VALUE OF THE PRIZE(S) TO BE AWARDED IN THIS PROMOTION.
- Governing Law . This promotion and the rights and obligations of NETGEAR and participants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, Santa Clara County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California and federal court located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this promotion.
- SPONSOR . The sponsor of this promotion is NETGEAR, Inc., 4500 Great American Parkway, Santa Clara, California, 95054. All questions regarding this promotion should be directed to NETGEAR 2007 CES Blogger-in-Residence Contest, NETGEAR, Inc., 4500 Great American Parkway, Santa Clara, California, 95054.